Films and Showtimes
- SATO 48 2018
- Seek Help Season Two
- Lean on Pete
- A Quiet Place
- Blood Simple (1985)
- Member Picks: Crazy Heart (2009)
- Final Portrait
- On Stage: Bernstein Centenary
- Moxie Mornings
- Raising Arizona (1987)
- Back to the Future (1985)
- Fargo (1996)
- Sunshine (2007)
- Boogie Nights @ Mother's Brewery
- O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)
- Big Sonia
- No Country for Old Men (2007)
- Won't You Be My Neighbor?
- On Stage: Mozart's Cosi fan Tutte
- How to Survive a Plague (2012)
- Seasons (2016)
- Porco Rosso (1992)
- On Stage: The Royal Ballet's Swan Lake
- Bringing Up Baby (1938)
- West Side Story (1961)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
Good Morning, Vietnam (1987)
- Starring: Robin Williams, Forest Whitaker, Bruno Kirby, J.T. Walsh
- Director: Barry Levinson
- Genre(s): Comedy, Drama
- Rating: R
- Running Time: 121 min.
This FREE outdoor screening at the Springfield Art Museum’s ampitheater (1111 East Brookside Drive Springfield, MO 65807) is part of Veteran’s Views, a juried exhibition of photos taken by members of America’s armed forces. Starts at 8:30pm-ish.
This program is presented in partnership with Springfield Art Museum, with support from the Springfield Regional Arts Council and the Community Foundation of the Ozarks. Bring a chair or blanket. In case of inclement weather, the screening will take place in the auditorium. This film is rated R.
Synopsis: In 1965, an unorthodox and irreverent DJ named Adrian Cronauer begins to shake up things when he is assigned to the U.S. Armed Services radio station in Vietnam.
"From the start, the film bowls you over with excitement and for those who can latch on, it's a nonstop ride."- Variety
"Make no mistake about it: Mr. Williams's performance, though it's full of uproarious comedy, is the work of an accomplished actor. ''Good Morning, Vietnam'' is one man's tour de force."- Vincent Canby, New York Times