Films and Showtimes
- Best in Show (2000)
- The Old Man and the Gun
- The Sisters Brothers
- Saving Brinton (2017)
- Moxie Mornings
- On Stage: Frankenstein (Encore)
- Pick of the Litter (2018)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
- Free Solo
- On Stage: King Lear
- The Essentials: City Lights (1931)
- Member Picks: Holiday (1938)
- Beautiful Boy
- The Essentials: It Happened One Night (1934)
- Can You Ever Forgive Me?
- The Essentials: His Friday Girl (1940)
- Ghost World (2001)
- The Essentials: The Lady Eve (1941)
- The Essentials: Seven Year Itch (1955)
Modern Times (Drury @ the Moxie)
- Starring: Charles Chaplin, Henry Bergman, Paulette Goddard
- Director: Charles Chaplin
- Genre(s): Drama, Comedy, Romance
- Rating: NR
- Running Time: 87 min.
Drury @ the Moxie: Great insights to great films courtesy of Drury’s Humanities faculty.
Drury University professor Dr. Chris Panza will lead a post show discussion after the film. This screening is made possible by a grant from the Missouri Humanities Council.
Summary: Playing a tramp struggling to survive in a modern industrial society, Charlie Chaplin created one of the most elaborate cinematic critiques of the effects of mass production on 20th century life with Modern Times.
"One of the many remarkable things about Charlie Chaplin is that his films continue to hold up, to attract and delight audiences."- Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
"Do you have to be reminded that Chaplin is a master of pantomime? Time has not changed his genius."- Frank S. Nugent, New York Times
"Chaplin's sentimental politics and peerless comic invention dovetailed more perfectly in this film than in any other he made."- Ty Burr, Boston Globe
"The picture is a two-hour almost continuous gale of laughter with sidesplitting gags generously distributed throughout the five major sequences and the several minor ones."- Hollywood Reporter