Films and Showtimes
- Border (In Translation Series)
- Bathtubs Over Broadway
- Clash of the Titans (1981)
- Moxie Mornings
- Staff Picks: Y Tu Mamá También (2002)
- The Mustang
- Real Genius (1985)
- Moxie Flix: Babies (2010)
- Staff Picks: Gosford Park (2001)
- The Essentials: Of Human Bondage (1934)
- Videodrome (1983)
- The Essentials: Jezebel (1938)
- The Essentials: Now, Voyager (1942)
- The Essentials: All About Eve (1950)
- Staff Picks: Zodiac (2007)
- The Essentials: What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962)
- On Stage: All About Eve
- Staff Picks: The Last Picture Show (1971)
Moxie Flix: The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
- Starring:Michael Rennie, Patricia Neal, Hugh Marlowe
- Director: Robert Wise
- Genre(s): Classics, Drama, Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Rating: G
- Running Time: 92 min.
These FREE screenings are part of MOXIE FLIX, a monthly series focusing on essential films for kids to see before they turn 13.
Summary: An alien lands and tells the people of Earth that they must live peacefully or be destroyed as a danger to other planets.
A thorough, spoiler-filled Parent’s Guide can be found here.
Made possible thanks to a generous grant from the Missouri Arts Council.
"Edmund H North's intelligent script and Wise's smooth direction are serious without being solemn, while Bernard Herrmann's effectively alien-sounding score reinforces the atmosphere of strangeness and potential menace."- Time Out
"The Day the Earth Stood Still may at first look like goofy, outdated science fiction, but its timeless warnings about violence, nuclear confrontation and the difficulties of policing the planet have made it an enduring cultural classic."- Michael Booth Denver Post