Films and Showtimes
- Best in Show (2000)
- The Old Man and the Gun
- The Sisters Brothers
- Saving Brinton (2017)
- Moxie Mornings
- On Stage: Frankenstein (Encore)
- Pick of the Litter (2018)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
- Free Solo
- The Essentials: City Lights (1931)
- Member Picks: Holiday (1938)
- Beautiful Boy
- The Essentials: It Happened One Night (1934)
- Ghost World (2001)
ON STAGE: THE NUTCRACKER
- Starring: New York City Ballet, Megan Fairchild, Joaquin De Luz, Ashley Bouder
- Composer: Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- Choreographer: Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- Genre(s): Dance, Performance, Fantasy
- Rating: NR
- Filmed at the David H.Koch Theater, New York Dec. 14, 2011
- Running Time: 90 min.
The Moxie: On Stage is a new series showcasing world class performances from stages across the globe.
Tickets: $20/adults; $15/members & students
This series is made possible thanks to a grant from the Springfield Regional Arts Council.
In George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker™, Tchaikovsky’s beloved melodies transport the young and young at heart to a magical world where mischievous mice besiege a battalion of toy soldiers, and an onstage blizzard leads to an enchanted Land of Sweets. New York City Ballet‘s famously extravagant staging features Balanchine’s stunning choreography amidst awe-inspiring set pieces, ornate costumes and grand one-of-a-kind visual effects, like the one-tonne Christmas tree that grows to an astonishing 12 meters.
Set to Tchaikovsky’s score, Balanchine’s Nutcracker features New York City Ballet’s roster of more than 150 dancers and musicians, as well as two alternating casts of 50 children from the School of American Ballet, the New York City Ballet’s official school. In addition to Balanchine’s choreography, the work features scenery by Rouben Ter-Arutunian, costumes by Karinska and lighting by Mark Stanley, after the original design by Ronald Bates.