Films and Showtimes
- Moxie Mornings
- On Stage: The Royal Ballet's Swan Lake
- They Shoot Horses, Don't They? (1969)
- Dirty Dancing @ Mother's Brewery
- Summer 1993
- Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot
- Eighth Grade
- The Essentials: Meet Me in St. Louis (1944)
- Member Picks: Duel (1971)
- Yellow Submarine
- Sorry to Bother You
- My Fair Lady (1964)
- Bringing Up Baby (1938)
- Never Goin' Back
- The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (1964)
- The Thin Blue Line (1988)
- Cabaret (1972)
- Jurassic Park @ Mother's Brewery
- On Stage: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)
- West Side Story (1961)
- Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
On Stage: The Royal Ballet's Nutcracker
- Starring: The Royal Ballet
- Director: Kevin O' Hare
- Music: Pyotr il'yich Tchaikovsky
- Genre(s): Dance, Performing Arts
- Rating: NR
- Filmed at the Royal Opera House Dec 5th 2017
- Running Time: 2 hours 15 minutes, including one interval, plus a 15-minute introduction
The Moxie: On Stage is a new series showcasing world class performances from stages across the globe.
Tickets: $20/adults; $15/members & students.
This series is made possible thanks to a grant from the Springfield Regional Arts Council.
The Royal Ballet celebrates Peter Wright’s 90th birthday with his much-loved production of this beautiful ballet, danced to Tchaikovsky’s magnificent score.
The Royal Ballet’s glorious production of The Nutcracker, created by Peter Wright in 1984, is the production par excellence of an all-time ballet favourite.
It is Christmas Eve and Drosselmeyer the magician sweeps young Clara away on a fantasy adventure in which time is suspended, the family living room becomes a great battlefield, and a magical journey takes them through the Land of Snow to the Kingdom of Sweets. Tchaikovsky’s glittering score, the gorgeous festive stage designs and The Royal Ballet’s captivating dancing including an exquisite pas de deux between the Sugar Plum Fairy and her Prince – make this Nutcracker the quintessential Christmas experience.
"This Nutcracker is a triumph. It’s impossible not to surrender to the frosted charm and superb dancing"- Evening Standard
"Nutcrackers come and Nutcrackers go but the Royal Ballet’s version is a hardy perennial. Peter Wright’s version of Lev Ivanov’s original 1892 ballet has undergone changes since its debut in 1984 but it remains the one by which all others must be judged. [A] fresh and reinvigorated version of Peter Wright’s Royal Ballet perennial"- Neil Norman, The Stage (UK)
"Enduring, endearing staging of a masterpiece ★★★★★"- Financial Times
"The Royal Ballet celebrates Peter Wright's 90th birthday with his magical production of the classical ballet danced to Tchaikovsky's score. This revival comes up as bright as the gilding on the Christmas angel’s wings."- Zoë Anderson, Independent (UK)