Films and Showtimes
- Moxie Mornings
- Porco Rosso (1992)
- Three Identical Strangers
- Leaning Into the Wind
- On Stage: The Royal Ballet's Swan Lake
- They Shoot Horses, Don't They? (1969)
- Dirty Dancing @ Mother's Brewery
- Summer 1993
- Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot
- The Essentials: Meet Me in St. Louis (1944)
- Member Picks: Duel (1971)
- Eighth Grade
- Yellow Submarine
- My Fair Lady (1964)
- Bringing Up Baby (1938)
- The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (1964)
- The Thin Blue Line (1988)
- Cabaret (1972)
- On Stage: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)
- West Side Story (1961)
- Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
On Stage: Twelfth Night
- Starring: Tamsin Greig, Daniel Rigby, Tamara Lawrence, Doon Mackichan, Daniel Ezra
- Director(s): Simon Godwin
- Writer: William Shakespeare
- Genre(s): Comedy, Romance, Performing Arts
- Rating: NR
- Filmed at the Royal Nation Theatre, London on April 6th 2017
- Running Time: 3 hours, including 20-minute Interval
The Moxie: On Stage is a new series showcasing world class performances from stages across the globe.
Tickets: $20/adults; $15/members & students
This series is made possible thanks to a grant from the Springfield Regional Arts Council.
Tamsin Greig is Malvolia in a new twist on Shakespeare’s classic comedy of mistaken identity.
A ship is wrecked on the rocks. Viola is washed ashore but her twin brother Sebastian is lost. Determined to survive on her own, she steps out to explore a new land. So begins a whirlwind of mistaken identity and unrequited love.
The nearby households of Olivia and Orsino are overrun with passion. Even Olivia’s upright housekeeper Malvolia is swept up in the madness. Where music is the food of love, and nobody is quite what they seem, anything proves possible.
Simon Godwin (NT Live: Man and Superman, NT Live: The Beaux’ Stratagem) directs this joyous new production with Tamsin Greig (Friday Night Dinner, Black Books, Episodes) as a transformed Malvolia and an ensemble cast that includes Daniel Rigby (Flowers, Jericho), Tamara Lawrence (Undercover), Doon Mackichan (Smack the Pony) and Daniel Ezra (The Missing, Undercover).
"Malvolio is Shakespeare’s most memorably joyless character, a social climber who’s the sworn enemy of frivolity. In this gender-bending take on a play that’s already fixated with muddles over identity, he's reimagined as Malvolia, a prim fantasist with a taste for starchy outfits and a startlingly severe helmet of jet-black hair."- Henry Hitchings, Evening Standard
"it’s one of those Shakespeare revivals that reminds you that with a crack cast and a lot of love, a 400-plus year-old comedy can still deliver the LOLs."- Andrzej Lukowski, Time Out
"This is a dazzling and finely tuned production of Shakespeare's comedy – a tour-de-force of invention that takes the play’s preoccupation with cross-dressing and gender slipperiness and runs with it. It has intelligence to complement the gusto and comic brio."- Ben Dowell, Radio Times