Films and Showtimes
- Moxie Mornings
- Leaning Into the Wind
- They Shoot Horses, Don't They? (1969)
- Dirty Dancing @ Mother's Brewery
- Summer 1993
- Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot
- Eighth Grade
- The Essentials: Meet Me in St. Louis (1944)
- Member Picks: Duel (1971)
- Yellow Submarine
- Sorry to Bother You
- My Fair Lady (1964)
- Bringing Up Baby (1938)
- Never Goin' Back
- The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (1964)
- The Thin Blue Line (1988)
- Cabaret (1972)
- Jurassic Park @ Mother's Brewery
- On Stage: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)
- West Side Story (1961)
- Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
The Black Stallion (1979)
- Rating: G
- Genre: Action & Adventure, Kids & Family
- Director: Carroll Ballard
- Written By: Jeanne Rosenberg, Melissa Mathison, William D. Wittliff
- Running Time: 120 min.
While traveling with his father, young Alec becomes fascinated by a mysterious Arabian stallion that is brought on board and stabled in the ship he is sailing on. When the ship tragically sinks both he and the horse survive only to be stranded on a deserted island. Alec befriends the horse, so when finally rescued both return to his home where they soon meet Henry Dailey, a once successful trainer. Together they begin training The Black to race against the fastest horses in the world.
A thorough, spoiler-filled Parent’s Guide can be found here.
Made possible thanks to a generous grant from the Missouri Arts Council.