The Moxie will limit ticket sales to 25% of available seats (30 people total over both theaters) to ensure proper social distancing in their two theaters. Here are some of the additional steps, the Moxie is taking to ensure the safety of guests and staff:
- All staff will wear masks and gloves
- All guests will be required to wear face masks while in the lobby and in the theater unless eating
- All guests will be asked COVID-19-related health screening questions
- All guests will be required to leave contact information to facilitate contact tracing if the need arises
- Seating arrangements will follow all social distancing protocols. Groups must be at least 6-feet apart, with every-other-row empty. If you come with a group that has been quarantining together, you may sit together, but respect others and maintain a healthy social distance
- Seats, armrests and cupholders will be disinfected between every screening
- An additional 30 minutes has been added between screenings to reduce crowd overlap in the lobby and allow additional time for cleaning between shows
- Entrance and exits have been shifted to reduce lobby congestion
- We have installed touchless faucets and soap dispensers in the bathrooms
- The Moxie will be cleaned every day before opening. During business hours, staff will regularly clean any high touch point areas.
- Social distancing is encouraged with stickers placed on the floor and signage.
- All guests are encouraged to purchase their tickets through our website (moxiecinema.com) to maintain contactless payment methods.
- Because of the difficulty in ensuring proper sanitation and social distancing, the Moxie will postpone all in-person Moxie Kids events for the time being but will re-evaulate in August as Springfield Public Schools goes back in session. The program’s ongoing virtual offerings will continue.
The Moxie will continually monitor this situation and with the guidance of the Springfield-Greene County Health Department and local officials, update procedures as needed.