Films and Showtimes
- Mondo Moxie: Repo Man (1984)
- When Harry Met Sally (1989) @ the Gillioz
- Mondo Moxie: Police Story 3: Supercop (1992)
- Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986) @ The Gillioz
- A Raisin in the Sun (1961)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) @ the Gillioz
- Old School @ Gillioz
- Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982) @ The Gillioz
- Director: Akira Kurosawa
- Writers: Akira Kurosawa, Shinobu Hashimoto
- Stars: Takashi Shimura, Nobuo Kaneko, Shin'ichi Himori
- Genre: Drama, Classic
- Rating: NR
- Langauge: Japanese (subtitled)
- Running Time: 143 min.
Ikiru is a classic and deeply moving humanist tale about a man facing his own mortality, one of legendary director Akira Kurosawa’s most intimate films.
Drury University philosophy professor Chris Panza will lead a post show discussion after the film. This screening is made possible by a grant from the Missouri Arts Council.
"Akira Kurosawa's greatest film."- Don Druker, Chicago Reader
"A masterwork of burning social conscience and hard-eyed psychological realism."- Time magazine
"Kurosawa performs a tour-de-force in keeping a dramatic thread throughout and avoiding the mawkish."- Variety
"If you have never seen it, you should. If you have seen it before, your admiration will only increase."- Micahel Wilmington, Chicago Tribune