Films and Showtimes
- Beerfest @ Mother's Brewery
- Happy Christmas
- The One I Love
- Man on Wire (free!)
- The Searchers (1956) FREE!
- On the Waterfront
- Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
- The Spirit of the Beehive
- Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
- A Raisin in the Sun (1961)
- Old School @ Gillioz
- Director: Akira Kurosawa
- Writers: Akira Kurosawa, Shinobu Hashimoto
- Stars: Takashi Shimura, Nobuo Kaneko, Shin'ichi Himori
- Genre: Drama, Classic
- Rating: NR
- Langauge: Japanese (subtitled)
- Running Time: 143 min.
Ikiru is a classic and deeply moving humanist tale about a man facing his own mortality, one of legendary director Akira Kurosawa’s most intimate films.
Drury University philosophy professor Chris Panza will lead a post show discussion after the film. This screening is made possible by a grant from the Missouri Arts Council.
"Akira Kurosawa's greatest film."- Don Druker, Chicago Reader
"A masterwork of burning social conscience and hard-eyed psychological realism."- Time magazine
"Kurosawa performs a tour-de-force in keeping a dramatic thread throughout and avoiding the mawkish."- Variety
"If you have never seen it, you should. If you have seen it before, your admiration will only increase."- Micahel Wilmington, Chicago Tribune