Films and Showtimes
- Moxie Mornings
- Porco Rosso (1992)
- Three Identical Strangers
- Leaning Into the Wind
- On Stage: The Royal Ballet's Swan Lake
- They Shoot Horses, Don't They? (1969)
- Dirty Dancing @ Mother's Brewery
- Summer 1993
- Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot
- The Essentials: Meet Me in St. Louis (1944)
- Member Picks: Duel (1971)
- Eighth Grade
- Yellow Submarine
- My Fair Lady (1964)
- Bringing Up Baby (1938)
- The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (1964)
- The Thin Blue Line (1988)
- Cabaret (1972)
- On Stage: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)
- West Side Story (1961)
- Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
Like Water for Chocolate (Drury @ The Moxie)
- Starring: Marco Leonardi, Lumi Cavazos, Regina Torné
- Director: Alfonso Arau
- Genre(s): Drama, Romance
- Languages: Spanish, English
- Rating: R
- Running Time: 105 min.
Great insights to great films courtesy of Drury’s Humanities faculty.
This series is made possible by a grant from the Missouri Humanities Council.
Like Water for Chocolate (1992): Based on the best-selling novel by Laura Esquival, this internationally popular romantic fable from Mexico centers on a young woman who discovers that her cooking has magical effects.
Drury University professor Dr. Elizabeth Nichols will lead a post show discussion after the film.
"A glazed romantic-erotic fantasy that celebrates the intermingled powers of love, imagination, and food. "- Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly
"Like Water for Chocolate creates its own intense world of passion and romance, and adds a little comedy and a lot of quail, garlic, honey, chiles, mole, cilantro, rose petals and corn meal. "- Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
"One of the best films to come out of Mexico in years, Like Water for Chocolate possesses an almost ethereal, undeniably erotic quality. For those with a penchant for offbeat, quirky, and subtly emotive films, this one is a treat. "- James Berardinelli, ReelViews