Films and Showtimes
- On Stage: The Royal Ballet's Nutcracker
- Darkest Hour
- Belle de Jour (1968)
- A Town Called Panic (2009)
- The Shape of Water
- Call Me by Your Name
- Hiroshima Mon Amour (1959)
- Member Pick: Blue Velvet (1986)
- Breathless (1960)
- Watership Down (1978)
- Cleo from 5 to 7 (1962)
- Jules and Jim (1962)
- Member Pick: Miami Connection (1987)
- BEST OF 2016 NY INT'L CHILDREN'S FILM FESTIVAL: KID FLIX
- BEST OF 2016 NY INT'L CHILDREN'S FILM FESTIVAL: PARTY MIX
- The General (1927)
- On Stage: Bernstein Centenary
- Back to the Future (1985)
- On Stage: Mozart's Cosi fan Tutte
- Porco Rosso (1992)
- On Stage: The Royal Ballet's Swan Lake
Like Water for Chocolate (Drury @ The Moxie)
- Starring: Marco Leonardi, Lumi Cavazos, Regina Torné
- Director: Alfonso Arau
- Genre(s): Drama, Romance
- Languages: Spanish, English
- Rating: R
- Running Time: 105 min.
Great insights to great films courtesy of Drury’s Humanities faculty.
This series is made possible by a grant from the Missouri Humanities Council.
Like Water for Chocolate (1992): Based on the best-selling novel by Laura Esquival, this internationally popular romantic fable from Mexico centers on a young woman who discovers that her cooking has magical effects.
Drury University professor Dr. Elizabeth Nichols will lead a post show discussion after the film.
"A glazed romantic-erotic fantasy that celebrates the intermingled powers of love, imagination, and food. "- Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly
"Like Water for Chocolate creates its own intense world of passion and romance, and adds a little comedy and a lot of quail, garlic, honey, chiles, mole, cilantro, rose petals and corn meal. "- Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
"One of the best films to come out of Mexico in years, Like Water for Chocolate possesses an almost ethereal, undeniably erotic quality. For those with a penchant for offbeat, quirky, and subtly emotive films, this one is a treat. "- James Berardinelli, ReelViews