Films and Showtimes
- Amadeus (1984)
- The Death of Stalin
- Isle of Dogs
- Member Picks: Stop Making Sense (1984)
- The General (1927)
- Bottle Rocket (1996)
- On Stage: Julius Caesar
- Seek Help Season Two
- Blood Simple (1985)
- Member Picks: Crazy Heart (2009)
- On Stage: Bernstein Centenary
- Moxie Mornings
- Raising Arizona (1987)
- Back to the Future (1985)
- Fargo (1996)
- Sunshine (2007)
- Boogie Nights @ Mother's Brewery
- O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)
- No Country for Old Men (2007)
- On Stage: Mozart's Cosi fan Tutte
- The Royal Tenenbaums @ Mother's Brewery
- Porco Rosso (1992)
- On Stage: The Royal Ballet's Swan Lake
- Dirty Dancing @ Mother's Brewery
Like Water for Chocolate (Drury @ The Moxie)
- Starring: Marco Leonardi, Lumi Cavazos, Regina Torné
- Director: Alfonso Arau
- Genre(s): Drama, Romance
- Languages: Spanish, English
- Rating: R
- Running Time: 105 min.
Great insights to great films courtesy of Drury’s Humanities faculty.
This series is made possible by a grant from the Missouri Humanities Council.
Like Water for Chocolate (1992): Based on the best-selling novel by Laura Esquival, this internationally popular romantic fable from Mexico centers on a young woman who discovers that her cooking has magical effects.
Drury University professor Dr. Elizabeth Nichols will lead a post show discussion after the film.
"A glazed romantic-erotic fantasy that celebrates the intermingled powers of love, imagination, and food. "- Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly
"Like Water for Chocolate creates its own intense world of passion and romance, and adds a little comedy and a lot of quail, garlic, honey, chiles, mole, cilantro, rose petals and corn meal. "- Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
"One of the best films to come out of Mexico in years, Like Water for Chocolate possesses an almost ethereal, undeniably erotic quality. For those with a penchant for offbeat, quirky, and subtly emotive films, this one is a treat. "- James Berardinelli, ReelViews