Films and Showtimes
Our Tradition, Our Home: Switzerland
- Genre: Documentary
- Appropriate audience: PG-ish
- Executive Producer: Gene Bicknell
- Principal cinematography: Chuck Fryberger Films
- Contributing cinematography: Cina Canada, Anthony Iaasac
- Editor: Dax Bedell
- Sound Engineer: Dana Dominguez
- Running Time: 120 min.
Our Tradition, Our Home is a documentary series exploring the traditions of folk music around the world. The first stop in this series is Switzerland where musical heritage is being preserved, cultivated and passed down from generation to generation. The “natural” yodel is a unique form of singing with no words and often no notation, with only folklore to lend an idea of it’s origin. Although it may have led to the more widely recognized forms of yodel in the west, the “natural” yodel can be found in the traditional sounds of music around the world. From yodel choirs, to communicating across the alps this film will take you on a journey of spectacular beauty and sounds.